Saturday, January 15, 2011

A true sacrifice of praise

I have always been told to carry out the "sacrifice of praise" at mass as a choir member. I was given the opportunity to fully do it for these past two weekends. :)

I had a throat infection last week but still had to sing my best for mass since I am usually right in front of the microphone. I was asked to sing more when I tried to hold back while singing, as a reaction to my infection. It truly was a sacrifice.

It was the same yesterday. I had a really bad headache but still gave my best in singing for mass. I had to make up for my absence at choir practice, I felt. It was a little easier yesterday though. My section leader was deployed to sing with me and I had a greater motivation to sing because of her presence. :) It brought out my usual singing techniques :)

No comments: